Strategic Reading method: Turns non readers into readers.
Through a highly structured teaching method reading skills are addressed through explicit teaching and reading strategies i.e. focus on reading for memory.
Keys to Reading.
Keys to Reading is a fun journey to unravelling the mysteries of the most basic elements of the English language.
The Learning Centre has developed this program with the aim to remove the mystery and misconception that the English language is difficult to learn because of the exceptions to the rules of the language.
The Keys to Reading program allows the student to realise the inconsistencies, and using the rules of the program they are then able to deal with the exceptions.
- Focal points are : sounds, rules, syllabification, patterns and grammar.
- Contained within the focal points are reading, writing and comprehension activities.
- A cornerstone of the program is "linking" i.e. reading to writing and writing to reading.
- Linking is a powerful assistant to students and enables them to learn the strategies that will equip them with literacy skills from basic to advanced level.
- The program "links" one step at a time, and builds on the previous points.
- Incidental revision continues throughout the program units.
Call your nearest centre or send us an email from the Location and Contact section.