Kindergarten to Year 6 Program
The Learning Centre Primary program offers your child new and exciting opportunities and challenges and focuses on reading, writing, comprehension and numeracy skills.
One to One tuition allows your child to develop at the level that is right for them and gives a solid foundation for future learning.
All Learning Centre programs are tailored to your child's individual needs whether they require remedial assistance or accelerated learning.
The Primary program offers:
- Diagnostic assessment of your child's strengths and challenges in literacy and numeracy.
- Individualised intensive reading tutoring that turns non readers into readers with The Keys to Reading program which supports reading strategies and decoding skills.
- Keys to Reading* is a proven reading strategy that focuses on reading, spelling and comprehension.
- Experienced staff utilise visualisation and verbalisation techniques for language comprehension to ensure your child understands what they are reading .
- Makes maths practical and uses a hands on approach which ensures fundamental numeracy skills prior to more complex problems.
- NAPLAN preparation workshops that build confidence and reduce stress.
- OC, Selective School and Scholarship preparation workshops that extend gifted children and encourage success.
- 6 to 7 Transition Program : A ten week program that addresses challenges facing students transitioning to their first year of High School.
* Keys to Reading is a result proven program designed by The Learning Centre and only available at The Learning Centre
Contact a Learning Centre near you for more information or send an email via our Location and Contact web form.