The Learning Centre offers programs for Adult tuition in literacy and mathematics where life situations require additional help and support. Examples:
- An adult is unable to read and write efficiently to a level that they are happy with.
- An adult needs help to ascertain entry exam for a career choice.
- English is the adults second language and needs to improve to help work prospects.
- An adult is in need of help with tertiary assignments.
- An adult needs help with a bridging course at university.
In all cases, and others may not be mentioned, The Learning Centre offers one to one tuition.
The Learning Centre staff and teachers pride themselves on a culture of care and realise the importance of a client feeling comfortable whilst learning . By talking to skilled tutors and explaining your needs, the staff are able to identify whether an assessment is required and which program can be tailored to meet your needs.
For over twenty years the Learning Centre has;
- Helped nurses, engineers, teachers, police and armed forces to pass entrance exams.
- Taught non readers to read and write.
- Taught English as a second language so that students verbally understand and use the complexities of the language.